Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The Hunger Games - A Tribute Necklace

With the success of the Twilight Bella's Moonstone ring I created, my friend M suggested that I go into other movie memorabilia jewellery. We discussed a range of current hot and up-and-coming movie series, and I came across the idea of the Hunger Games! In fact, once the idea hit me, I wondered why I didn't think of it sooner!


Initially, I wanted to do a replica of the Mockingjay pin, Katniss' tribute token in the 74th and 75th Hunger Games. However, a quick search online revealed that there were already tons of replica Mockingjay pins and charms available for sale. Hence, my next idea was to create my very own Hunger Games Tribute necklace!

Hunger Games Tribute Necklace designed by Cassandra
SGD 24.00

Using memorable icons from the series, I designed a necklace that incorporates all the different elements that represent a part of the Hunger Games to create my own unique Tribute necklace. The icons I used are:

1) Apple - Infuriated by the lack of attention from the Gamemakers, Katniss shoots an apple in a suckling pig's mouth during her first Games.
2) Bow - With her supreme shooting skills, how could I leave this out?
3) Pearl - In their second Games, Peeta gives Katniss a pearl that she keeps closely guarded.
4) Girl on Fire - In the second book, Cinna dresses Katniss in a wedding gown that later burns and transforms into the plumage of a mockingjay, a true symbol of the girl on fire.
5) Mockingjay - And of course, the mockingjay pin that later seals Katniss' fate as the Mockingjay.

Close-up of the Mockingjay charm

Closer look at the exquisite charms

Actual look of necklace when worn

I'm really glad the necklace design worked out! Initially, I was a little worried that there would be too many elements in the necklace, but I think the final product turned out really well!

If you would like to own a Hunger Games Tribute necklace, order now! Do note that I have limited stocks of the Hunger Games charms. May the odds be ever in your favour!

No comments:

Post a Comment