Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Secondhand Bazaar Sale Success!

The bazaar sale last Saturday to sell off my secondhand clothes and books went really well! As I posted earlier, I did a major spring-cleaning of my room early this month and found a ton of clothes that I no longer wanted. I also found a whole container of books from my primary school days! So, I decided to sell them off at a bazaar sale at *SCAPE, Level 4.

My mom gave me a bunch of her secondhand clothes too the night before the bazaar sale. I didn't have time to go through her items, so I just put them all into a big bag and left. I got a surprise when I unpacked the clothes during the booth set-up!

A tiny teddy bear that my Mom owned. It's been with her for ages!

I texted her to report my "finding" and she said to give it away to any kid who likes it. *shrugs*

Booth setup for my clothes and books

Booth setup for Moonfire Charms' jewellery

Unfortunately my clothes took up all the space on the table, so I had to place the jewellery display on a chair.

Overall, I did really well! I managed to clear about one-third of my books and clothes, covering rental and earning a fair bit. The customers were mainly maids and aunties looking for good deals on clothes and accessories. Towards the closing hours of the bazaar, people were lowering their prices in order to sell off more goods. There was this group of ladies selling their secondhand clothes who were shouting "4 items for $2! 4 for $2!!!" I couldn't bear to part with my clothes for such a low amount so I didn't lower my prices that much.

Having said that, I still have lots of clothes and books left! Another bazaar sale might be in order ;-)

Oh, and before I forget - I did give away Mr. Tiny Bear! His new owner is a cheerful baby boy. His maid bought an army cap from me and I got to play with him. He was so adorable I couldn't resist and gave him the bear!

Adorable new owner of Mr. Tiny Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment