Sunday, February 17, 2013

Suede Leather Charm Bracelet Crafting!

Recently, I bought some wraparound suede leather charm bracelets, thinking that they would make a great addition to my store collection. These wraparound charm bracelets were made popular by stars like Nicole Richie, Lindsay Lohan and Rachel Bilson.

Nicole Richie with a white wraparound charm bracelet

Lindsay Lohan with a blue wraparound charm bracelet

However, when the charm bracelets arrived, the charms on them looked too cheap for my liking. Here's what the original bracelet looked like:

Original wraparound suede leather charm bracelet

I decided to remake the charm bracelets the Moonfire Charms way - with gemstones included! With an ocean theme in mind, I picked out the following charms. The gemstones used were Turquoise, Sodalite, Snow Quartz and Angelite. The charms include a toggle and clasp - I tried wearing the bracelet but I found that the bracelet kept coming out unwrapped. With the toggle and clasp, the bracelet should be much more secure!

Ocean themed charms for the bracelet remaking

After about an hour or so, here's the final product! I must say, it does look good!

Ocean themed wraparound suede leather charm bracelet

How the bracelet looks like when worn

What's more, I got to recycle the original charms! I used the original charms to craft a charm necklace for a special little girl. She picked out the charms she liked, and I made the necklace and gifted it to her. She absolutely loved it!

Recycled charm necklace

Modelling the charm necklace!

The ocean themed charm bracelet will be on sale soon, keep a lookout for it! In the meantime, I'll be having fun crafting more charm bracelets! I already have more themes in mind ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment